Braces treatment is a treatment method applied to patients whose teeth are damaged, crooked or not where they should be. Since the patient’s teeth gain a more aesthetic appearance thanks to this treatment, it is recommended that those with problems with their teeth alignment have braces treatment. You can access the benefits of braces treatment that we have prepared for you below.
What are the Benefits of Braces Treatment?
- It relaxes the digestive system. Since regular teeth grind food more smoothly in the mouth, the food eaten goes to the stomach in smaller pieces and does not cause any digestive problems.
- Less effort is spent when chewing food. Since braces treatment corrects the alignment and crookedness of the teeth, eaten foods are munched quickly and with less effort.
- It increases self-confidence. The patient, who achieves a better dental appearance thanks to braces treatment, feels a significant increase in self-confidence, especially when smiling.
- It makes you smile. Patients with incorrect tooth alignment generally do not prefer to smile, but the patient who knows his teeth look beautiful after braces treatment can always make himself happy by smiling.
- Helps keep gums healthy. In crooked teeth alignment, the patient’s gums are different from what they should be, causing damage to the gum structure. Patients who receive braces treatment to straighten their teeth will also eliminate this problem.
- Prevents teeth from breaking. Many people wonder how braces avoid tooth breakage. However, there may be cases where the upper incisors are forward. When a patient with such a problem does not receive braces treatment, these teeth can break due to the slightest impact when placed in front of other teeth.
- It prevents tooth loss. For people with split teeth, when eating something, the food eaten gets stuck between the divided teeth. This event causes tooth loss over time, but braces treatment completely prevents this.
- It ensures that the teeth are loaded as much as necessary. Particularly crooked teeth cause the mouth structure to not be in the proper order, so some teeth are overloaded. Thanks to this treatment, this situation disappears.
- Corrects speech. Since speech consists of the movements of the tongue in the mouth, disorders in the dental structure also affect speech.
- Reduces the possibility of caries. Food stuck between crooked teeth cannot be cleaned. After braces treatment, stuck food can be cleaned more easily with the help of a brush and dental floss. In this way, tooth decay is prevented.
- It eliminates problems that require jaw surgery. Some orthodontic issues necessitate jaw surgery in later years. To avoid this problem, braces treatment is necessary.
- Corrects the shape of the face, mouth and lips. If you have a tooth that is incorrectly aligned or if your upper incisors are in a condition called toothy, these situations can change the posture of your lips, mouth and face. The face looks smoother when the upper incisors are pulled back with braces.
- It prevents the formation of dental tartar. Because irregular teeth cannot be cleaned, tartar forms on them. This situation is less observed in regular teeth.
- It makes teeth cleaning easier and shortens the time. It can sometimes take a long time to clean the food stuck between crooked and irregular teeth. Thanks to braces treatment, you can eliminate this problem by having a regular tooth structure and cleaning your teeth in 2 minutes like everyone else.
- Prevents damage to the jaw muscles. The muscles in the jaw of people with dental structure problems are damaged over time.
Pain in the jaw and head may occur due to excessive pressure applied to some teeth due to crooked teeth. Preventing such situations can be done with braces treatment.
Your Self-Confidence Increases Thanks to Braces Treatment
Crowding and crooked teeth in your teeth can become a situation where other people make fun of you and cause you to feel embarrassed. In this way, you do not want your teeth to be seen from the outside, and your quality of life may decrease. However, you can have pearl-like teeth and an aesthetic smile with braces treatment. In this way, your self-esteem increases, and you feel better.
Braces Help Make Oral and Teeth Cleaning Easier
If your teeth are overlapped or misaligned, you may not be able to clean your mouth and teeth thoroughly because it becomes more difficult for the toothbrush to reach between them. However, thanks to braces treatment, you can bring the alignment and shape of your teeth into a regular position. In this way, you can clean your mouth and teeth easier and better.